On average, people on Ozempic or Wegovy lose 15% of their weight in a year or less*.
The real reason you should be taking GLP1’s like Semaglutide isn’t just for weight loss, it should be for your anti-aging plan.
Every anti-aging plan needs to include brain protection. After all, Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia is still the 6th leading cause of death in the US. We need to protect the brain, and we need to protect it early.
With this one peptide, you’re protecting your brain and your body from the effects of being overweight. Imagine your life without those extra 20-30 lbs. That you’re carrying 24/7. Multiply that by decades, and you will understand the wear and tear that excess weight causes to your health.
1. Xie B, Chen S, Xu Y, Han W, Hu R, Chen M, Zhang Y, Ding S. The Impact of Glucagon-Like Peptide 1 Receptor Agonists on Bone Metabolism and Its Possible Mechanisms in Osteoporosis Treatment. Front Pharmacol. 2021 Jun 14;12:697442. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.697442. PMID: 34220521; PMCID: PMC8243369 (Link)
2. Chai W, Zhang X, Barrett EJ, Liu Z. Glucagon-like peptide 1 recruits muscle microvasculature and improves insulin’s metabolic action in the presence of insulin resistance. Diabetes. 2014 Aug;63(8):2788-99. doi: 10.2337/db13-1597. Epub 2014 Mar 21. PMID: 24658303; PMCID: PMC4113068 (Link)
3. Abdalqadir, N.; Adeli, K. GLP-1 and GLP-2 Orchestrate Intestine Integrity, Gut Microbiota, and Immune System Crosstalk. Microorganisms 2022, 10, 2061. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms10102061 (Link)
4. Cena H, Chiovato L, Nappi RE. Obesity, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and Infertility: A New Avenue for GLP-1 Receptor Agonists. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2020 Aug 1;105(8):e2695–709. doi: 10.1210/clinem/dgaa285. PMID: 32442310; PMCID: PMC7457958 (Link)
5. Ma X, Liu Z, Ilyas I, Little PJ, Kamato D, Sahebka A, Chen Z, Luo S, Zheng X, Weng J, Xu S. GLP-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1RAs): cardiovascular actions and therapeutic potential. Int J Biol Sci. 2021 May 11;17(8):2050-2068. doi: 10.7150/ijbs.59965. PMID: 34131405; PMCID: PMC8193264 (Link)
6. Chen J, Mei A, Wei Y, Li C, Qian H, Min X, Yang H, Dong L, Rao X, Zhong J. GLP-1 receptor agonist as a modulator of innate immunity. Front Immunol. 2022 Dec 8;13:997578. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2022.997578. PMID: 36569936; PMCID: PMC9772276 (Link)
7. Kim YK, Kim OY, Song J. Alleviation of Depression by Glucagon-Like Peptide 1 Through the Regulation of Neuroinflammation, Neurotransmitters, Neurogenesis, and Synaptic Function. Front Pharmacol. 2020 Aug 14;11:1270. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2020.01270. PMID: 32922295; PMCID: PMC7456867 (Link)
8. Sultana R, Sissoho F, Kaushik VP, Raji MA. The Case for Early Use of Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients with Comorbid Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome. Life (Basel). 2022 Aug 12;12(8):1222. doi: 10.3390/life12081222. PMID: 36013401; PMCID: PMC9410036 (Link)
Mythbuster: This is a common temporary side effect (and doesn’t happen in all patients, only small percentage) that can be mitigated with proper clinical guidance. For sensitive patients, these common temporary side effects can be managed, dampened, and even passed with the right prescription of GLP1, the right dose schedule, useful prebiotics, helpful supplements, and/or proper scheduling of your weekly injections.
Study of temporary gastrointestinal side effects of semaglutide (link).
Mythbuster: Completely False. In fact, the opposite is true. GLP 1’s have helped muscle utilize glucose more efficiently, improving muscular structure and fibers (link).
It is however, important to note that any significant weight loss will cause loss of muscle mass. This is a natural effect of losing a lot of weight. This is why there is a right way to do GLP1’s. You must have a nutrition and exercise plan in place to support the upcoming weight loss to prevent the loss of muscle. This is key for the long term success and goal of weight management.